Indiana Asphalt Paving Company Who Puts Safety First
According to President Kevin Kelly, the safety and health of our employees has always been a prime concern of this company. Every employee is called upon to take safety seriously.
Do you drive the roadways of northwest Indiana or have family members who work in the road construction industry? No matter what your involvement with road construction may be, you’ll be glad to know that at Walsh & Kelly, Inc., safety is our number one priority. For every job we do, we ask ourselves: Is it safe?
“…to make a safety program effective, all of us must work together.” – Kevin Kelly
Indiana Asphalt Paving Company Achievements
Walsh & Kelly, Inc. has been awarded:
Walsh & Kelly, Inc. has exceptional ratings with:
AVETA (Formerly PICS)
Walsh & Kelly, Inc. is highly rated by industry standards:
Walsh & Kelly, Inc. employees are certified and re-certified annually:
According to Dave Limbaugh, who for many years worked on projects with Walsh & Kelly, Inc. as a superintendent with BP and now consults with the company, Walsh & Kelly’s focus on quality makes all the difference.
Did you know:
- Every Walsh & Kelly, Inc. field employee has a current OSHA 10 Hour training card, certificate, or is currently enrolled in the training. Every field employee has a current and updated Building Construction Resource Center Inc. (BCRC) drug and alcohol test card, validated by Walsh & Kelly, Inc. prior to employment.
- Every Walsh & Kelly, Inc. union employee has a current and valid craft journeyman or apprentice certification, which attests to his training and qualifications from the respective union of which he or she is a member.
- Every Walsh & Kelly, Inc. employee operating a company owned or leased vehicle has a valid driver’s license and has agreed to procurement of their personal motor vehicle report.
- At Walsh & Kelly, Inc., safety is our number one value. Both for the safety and health of our employees and contractors and also for the protection of the public as they drive the roads we are tasked with building and repairing.
Won’t you join our safety efforts? Follow these safe driver tips from the US Department of Transportation Highway Safety Department:
- Stay alert and minimize distraction.
- Keep your headlights on.
- Pay attention to the road.
- Merge into the proper lane.
- Don’t tailgate.
- Obey the posted speed limit (remember: workers may be present just feet away and fines may be doubled for moving traffic violations).
- Be prepared to slow down further if conditions indicate the need.
- Change lanes safely.
- Follow instructions from flaggers.
- Expect the unexpected.
- Be patient.
Every safe driver in northwest Indiana and every safe employee of Walsh & Kelly, Inc. makes a difference.
That’s why we ask ourselves everyday, “Is it SAFE?”
Contact our Indiana Asphalt Paving Company today!